Perfume traditionally is one of the most popular presents to give. It’s a nice and thoughtful gift in almost any occasion. Not always it’s easy to find the right perfume for someone, but the idea that you tried sometimes worth even more than the actual gift.
So why don’t we just make our own perfume at home? The process of making perfume is interesting and fun, not even talking about the fantastic feeling when you have made your own unique perfume.
How To Make Homemade Perfume?
All you need is few drops of the right ingredients and a full dose of creativity! For the easiest perfume recipe you just need some distilled water and chopped flower blossoms.
You can use it as a light spray on your skin. To make more strong and long lasting fragrances, you will need essential oils, distilled water and vodka.
Light body spray recipe:
You will need:
- 1 – 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of fresh chopped flower blossoms of your choice (Lavender, Lilac, Orange Blossoms etc.)
Let’s start making!
- Place a cheesecloth in a bowl so that the edges are hanging over the bowl
- Fill with 1 cup of flower blossoms
- Pour water over the flowers until they are completely covered
- Cover and leave it overnight
- The next day using the edges of cheesecloth pull it out of the bowl and gently squeeze the scented water into a small pot
You can pour the scented water into small bottles and spray it either into the air or on to your skin. This is a perfect handmade gifts for your loved one!